Site Moved to a New Server


I’ve been having a lot of uptime and availability issues with my host, HostRocket, lately. They’re the first hosting company I ever signed up with… and I’ve stayed with them ever since I started this blog (some 9+ years ago).

Over that time, there’s been some periods of spottiness… but I’ve generally been happy with them, until a few months ago. Starting early November, I’d start to see my sites go down with some degree of frequency.

There was a lot of back and forth, but near the start of this year there was a recommendation to relocate my sites over to a newer server. I’m pretty happy with this outcome, as I’ve tried to do as much as I could on my end to reduce issues… so I’m hoping this helps on the availability front.

The move took place last night at midnight CST, and as of now all should be well. I’ve got a few new nameserver updates to make, and a few email accounts to recreate… but other than that, I think things are good. Crossing my fingers and hoping things improve.

In the meanwhile, if you notice anything weird or broken or off… please feel free to drop me a line, as I’d love to know about it so I can fix it.

Related:
All Safe, Gentlemen. All Safe.
Transferring Domains Away From GoDaddy, Due To Their Support Of SOPA / Protect IP

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave A Reply