Closing the Back Basement Window
On Sunday, Bob helped us tackle the last window in the back basement. I don’t have a great photo of the window, but you can kind of see it here.
A lot of debris.
Wouldn’t you know it, the day after I get the cement mixer situated against a back wall… we have to bring it back out again.
The window, cleared.
Using a bottle jack to get the top part of the frame in place. Things I learned today: the top of the jack unscrews, and can extend a few more inches – if you’re ever in a pinch.
Frame, outside looking in.
Sealed up. Next steps are to insulate and seal off this last area with drywall. The area will be a little tricky, in that we’ll have to maneuver around some water and PVC pipes that really can’t be moved… but it’ll be a fun challenge.
Yesterday, I put in a few hours painting more of the basement joists. And we’re really close to having nearly everything with at least one coat. Our hope is that the second coat will be an easier process.
Bit by bit, the basement is getting fixed up.