Master Bedroom: Cleanup, Part 1
A lot of the room was caked with drywall dust – the result of our taper sanding down the mud used on the drywall seams. Thankfully, it was all pretty heavy and didn’t billow out too far… but keeping things contained as a big priority.
I ended up taping some thin plasic over the bedroom doorway, and mostly protected the rest of the house from any work I did. After breaking down and relocating the Baker scaffold, I more or less locked myself into the room with the shopvac. Which continues to be worth is weight in gold.
I ran around the perimeter, and got most of the big dust piles. And after that, I used an extension and ran over every inch in the middle.
The force of the suction enabled me to pop off some dried bits of mud that had fallen to the plywood. But there’s still some large bits that need to get chipped up, as we’d like to clean this as much as we can.
Our plan is to leave the plywood as-is for a while, and throw some carpet over it as a temporary measure. Since we’re not installing hardwood floors yet up here, we want to reduce the dust as much as possible.
The good news – while I sealed in the room, it felt really warm. Granted, that might have been me bending over and working away cleaning the floor. And those flood lights put out a decent amount of heat.
But to date, this is the best insulated part of our house. And with the soundboard drywall, will also be the quietest. While we continue to improve the insulation and envelope of the rest of the house, this room will most definitely become our place of refuge.