Today was a clean-up day for me, with us needing to move a lot of the wood flooring off of the first floor. Hard to believe it’s been a few weeks since the flooring was delivered, and we’re now in a spot where we’re all done with it.
For the upcoming week, we’ve got to move everything off of the first floor to make way for sanding, and eventually staining the floor. And if we can squeeze it in, adding some primer to a few rooms.
I started by day in the basement. The shuffle work continues, with us needing to relocate everything down here. But first, I needed to clean up this spot, which has grown a bit unorganized over the past few months.
Lots of debris and sawdust and general muck has built up. Relocated a lot of non-wood items, and restacked the existing wood.
And just like that, all the wood from upstairs is now down here. I have to tell you, this was harder than I thought it’d be.
Moving the stacks when they were delivered wasn’t all that bad. The truck bed was really high up, and everything was essentially shoulder level. All I had to do was walk each stack in, and place them in the right room.
Today, I had to dead lift each stack from the floor up. Navigating the baesment stairs ended up being too much of a pain, so I had to walk each stack out the front door, down the driveway, and in through the cellar doors.
There weren’t a lot, but it was cumbersome, time-consuming, and harder than I expected it to be.
At the end of the day, a celebratory fire in the driveway.
Liz was working all day on work for her job (a common thing on the weekends now, during this busy season for her department). Glad we were able to catch some time together outside, while the weather is still cooperating.