Over the last several weeks, Liz and I have been working on trying to source wood that matches the original trim from our house.
We removed all the original trim because it wasn’t good enough to save, and so far our searches for standard Southern Yellow Pine has resulted in less than ideal matches.
We’ve learned a lot these last few weeks, and have narrowed down our search to a small mill in Ridgeville, South Carolina.
Our current task: re-measuring all the first floor rooms, and determining how much lumber we need in terms of linear feet (converted to standard 10′, 12′, 14′, and 16′ boards).
Work has been incredibly busy for Liz of late. But despite this, we’ve tried to stop immediately at 5PM, so we can regroup and try to determine the dimensions we need to place our order.
A lot of measuring, a lot of (bad) drawings, a lot of discussion. Liz and I tend to have challenges when it comes to complex tasks, but we’ve done a pretty good job of balancing our approaches to this.