After all the bins were cleared out, I swept and relocated a lot of things that were taking up space. The driveway itself was pretty loaded up with small debris and junk… and after sweeping, feels like a whole new space.
Instead of shattering each brick (they’re hollow on the inside), I opted to take them off whole. I used the hammer drill to break off the mortar, and once that was done each piece got pretty loose.
Liz and I were working together today on the living room demo, and also got another early start.
With all the street work and no-parking areas, it’s been critical for us to have the driveway available/open for Bob. And the thing with Bagster bags is that when you schedule a pickup day, they promise to remove it… within three days of that scheduled time.
Back home after a relaxing evening/escape in Valparaiso… Liz and I went back to work cleaning up the walls a bit more. Bob was back home, fabbing up some duct work for us… and we were preparing things for their install.
As I progressed, I found a few more piles. And a bit more. By the time I got done with the backyard, I felt pretty beat… and hadn’t even started with the actual removal of all the house stuff yet!
We both have some vacation time coming up, towards the end of the month. And thanks to Liz’s planning, we have a good amount of work scheduled on the house. Here’s to a solid November, and to the start of what we hope will be a solid December.
The Bagster process took about a solid two hours, getting everything moved from the porch (and upstairs) out to the driveway. After that, I switched gears and began working on clearing the joists in the office (along the north wall).
Spent a large part of the day today, filling up another Bagster full of debris. Not sure why I decided to keep track of how many of these guys we’ve used, but… I guess this is officially #6.
It’s a funny thing – over the last few days, I’ve done a lot of research into dumpster rentals and disposing of things like concrete/brick/sand. You can’t just throw this out with the regular trash, as it all goes to a different place.
Over the weekend, Liz and I spent some time attending to the piles of debris that have accumulated in our backyard. Though it’s a more expensive option compared to an actual dumpster, we opted to yet again go with a Bagster bag, just for the ease.
Today, I set aside the morning to move a lot of the bags that have accumulated with our recent kitchen work. On Friday, while we were cleaning up the kitchen, I ended up moving a lot of bags into the backyard. Today, my plan was to get every bag we had into yet another Bagster bag.
I have to say – trying to stuff enough debris and trash in this guy was like a horrible, horrible game of Tetris. I kept trying to minimize gaps wherever I could, since any free space was just emptiness I was paying for. I got a pretty good amount this time around (though it did take me until around 8PM to fully finish loading it up).
I spent most of the day at the house moving a lot of our trash from the porch to the Bagster bag on the driveway. I’m slightly nervous about the needed clearance, as the website says that there needs to be 5′ on either side of the bag – which as of today, there is. But cars park close to our driveway on the street, and there’s no easy way for me to control how other people park.