Liz and I bought a folding table at Home Depot over the weekend, and she got this set up today in the dining room. Prior to this, she had been working in the bedroom and also sitting on the floor of the main hall area.
While there are some areas that are still wavy, the taper really did “hide our sins” in terms of some of the gaps and differences between our boards.
Yesterday, we spent most of the day working on the house (cleanup mostly). But in the evening, we went out for a lovely, relaxing birthday dinner at Osteria Langhe.
When we got to checking the ceiling, it was *ting* *ting* *ting* everywhere. After a minute, we decided to just let me go and review/re-hit every single screw, rather than having Liz test. Because they were almost all bad.
All of us began working and hanging out in the dining room together, with Bob focusing on the duct work and Liz and I continuing to drywall. Despite the cramped space, we managed to navigate around one another pretty well.
This afternoon, Liz and I got a text from Bob asking if we’d be able to finish up the living room drywall before tomorrow. I agreed to the work (and to also relocate about 10 sheets of 10′ drywall out of the living room), all before tomorrow AM. So we could have a taper come over in the afternoon and begin his work.
Despite our late house night, I got up pretty early this AM to run a few errands. With many of our evenings spent working on the house, a side effect has been that we’ve had precious little time to actually do much cooking. So we’ve been ordering out a great deal. Which, hey, is kind of a good thing. But…
Working on the East side of the wall involved getting behind the wall (an area that we had filled up, as a kind of temporary storage area). Rather than actually move anything out of the way, I opted to go the lazy route and climbed in, using what little space was available.
All told, the track and mechanisms seem to be in good shape. One thing we’ll be trying to do is to see if we can track down a professional outfit that repairs vintage doors. Our pocket doors definitely need some love and help to bring them back to their original state, and it’s likely more than we’re able to do.
That is, until we got to the math. We were trying to determine, when starting in the corner, whether we were working with a right angle or not. And whether we needed to cut that initial drywall board to compensate for an acute or obtuse angle.
After work last night, Liz and I got insulation in to the north Dining room wall. We picked up some additional insulation on our Home Depot run earlier this week, and that was helpful in our work tonight.
Cutting out space for an outlet, for a larger piece on the North wall. The area this was getting added to was pretty tricky, in that we had an area in the original drywall that had bowed a lot. I think we accidentally missed a nail, which resulted in a slight protrusion.
For each sheet, we’re doing a bit of dry fitting first. But after that, we’re throwing up some Liquid Nails on the wall and affixing the final sheet on together. The process has been a little tricky, as we’re also using a set of mini/foot lifters, to get the sheet up against the ceiling.
The pattern of our days, in Las Catalinas, has been something like this: wake up, breakfast, reading for a while, get sleepy, possible nap, wake up and read a bit more, maybe swim, possible second nap, drinks watching the sun set, dinner, drinks post dinner, repeat.
Towards sunset, there were a few spots in the pool that got lit up. Made me wonder how often people tried to get into the pool, when these things are lit. Despite all warnings and safeguards, I just assume people still do it (and still get burnt).