A lot of the complexity is in the paint needing to overlap the putty slightly, and make contact with the glass. This ensures a proper seal, but is also incredibly tricky in that it’s paint on glass (and has a tendency to run and not remain in a straight line).
Woke up early this morning, for a trek out to Reuse Depot. Liz was looking for some wavy glass to use, for her window resoration project – and the best option was to find some older windows, and to cut the pieces she needed from them.
Liz, continuing her work on restoring the hall windows. Because all the previous glass panes had a lot of scratches… she cut new window panes by hand, and applied the putty to set each pane into the window.
The first one took some time, but it looked like she found her rhythm.
Navigating the large bit of plywood solo was a little tricky, but I did manage to get the hang of it. I only had to haul it up here a few times, after hauling it back downstairs to do refinement cuts. Turned out pretty ok.
Liz is a very careful painter. When she explained things to me, I learned that this task especially, requires a very steady and precise hand.
Liz applied a cleaner to the living room fireplace. It’s a coating that needs to set for a day or so, as it hardens and does its thing.
They’re solar powered, and should recharge on their own. They also made a lovely little pattern, on our floor.
Well, this was a long time coming… and very, very overdue. Liz and I finally got around to painting the main hall area today. After an embarrassingly long hiatus of nothing.
While I did a lot of Asana and planning work, Liz was busy in the basement. In addition to her work refinishing a window… Liz also worked on repairing our front screen door (which has had a hole in it for what feels like forever).
This thing… was actually quite stressful for me to procure. It must be my planning and default stress, but the whole process was a bit daunting. The thing is around 300 pounds, and I was worried about transporting it to/from Home Depot.
Spent time tonight after work cleaning up the basement. We’ve let things go for a while down here, and it was time to do some sweeping and reorganization. It always feels like a tradeoff, doing just cleaning/organization. But with a little over two hours, we had some really nice results and a saner, more open basement area. Which we will…
Our goals for the arbor today were pretty modest: get in the bottom 2×4 cross braces (with pocket screws) and also get in the top 4×4 cross beams.
Despite it being a Friday, Liz and I opted to suit up after work to put in a bit more time getting the arbor in order. We wanted to get some concrete in for the posts (and to also figure out how much more concrete we needed to purchase, in the event we needed more).
At the end of the work day today, Liz and I headed out to do a bit more work on the arbor. The weather turned on us, and we ended up working a bit in the rain.