Doing a bit more digging, I found that in my WordPress theme… there was logic that set the quality of the thumbnails being generated. And they were set at 100. No wonder so many of my thumbnails ended up being bigger than the original!
So – my way of relaxing? Working on a WordPress site.
So… I’ve been working on setting up my blog in WordPress for a while now. I actually got a working recreation of my blog done about a year ago, but held off actually migrating things due to a ton of technical issues/concerns. Since I scoured the web looking for resources on how to make the transition… it seems only right to recount my own experiences, in case someone else comes a-looking.
I spent a lot of time last night digging through WordPress, and learning a bit about customizing a theme. I’ve worked with WP only a little bit before this, but primarily tweaked existing themes slightly. This time around though, I’m starting with more of a blank slate and then building up from there. Lots more to learn and to tinker…